Hi, I’m Tracey. And this is my story…
I’m guessing that since you’ve stopped by, you’re probably looking for ways to feel better naturally. Or maybe you’ve tried some natural remedies before that didn’t work as well as you’d hoped and you’re looking for better results.
I totally understand because I’ve been there myself. It was because of my own search for natural ways to regain my health and overcome serious illnesses and trauma that I got into this field.
I didn’t know anything about being healthy until I started to have serious chronic fatigue and pain twenty-some years ago. The only thing I’d ever paid any attention to before that was my weight, and believe me, I had done a lot of unhealthy things for years with eating disorders to try to keep the weight off without any success.
Then one morning in 1995, when my sons were only 5 weeks old and 19 months old, I woke up to a health crisis that would forever change the direction of my life. By that night I was hospitalized, and eventually I was diagnosed with systemic lupus erythematosus.
The disease progressed quickly, and I was in and out of hospitals for months. I honestly didn’t know how I could possibly keep enduring the severe pain and being so incapacitated by this disease indefinitely. So I courageously made a decision that I was going to do whatever it took to beat lupus and get healthy again and be the mom I wanted to be for my sons.
I turned to alternative medicine and started making lots of healthy changes. I made good progress, but I knew very little about how to do it right, so I went through the whole spectrum of experiences including spending a lot of money on things that didn’t really help.
At times it seemed like I took one step forward and two steps back. I was eventually diagnosed with two more diseases – fibromyalgia and ankylosing spondylitis.
I realized that if I were going to completely regain my health, I was going to have to study alternative medicine myself. I began spending many years studying from only the best teachers and schools in the country.
But I also had other challenges going on during this time. Throughout those years, I went through some traumatic events which left me diagnosed with PTSD.
I’m so grateful for my holistic training, though, because it gave me the skills I needed to heal. HOLISTIC wellness treats the person as a WHOLE – the mind and body all connected and working together in harmony for good health.
And now I’m happy, healthy, and strong and doing all the things that I promised myself I would do when I healed and more. I couldn’t have imagined that my efforts to heal myself would lead to a beautiful and rewarding career, too. But now I get to share my gifts with the world and empower others to be healthy with holistic wellness. And nothing makes me happier than to hear all the amazing stories from my clients about how their lives are changing in ways they couldn’t have imagined.
But here’s the most important part of my story: I discovered my gifts as a holistic healer, and I’m privileged to be a part of so many amazing people’s wellness journeys only because I chose to become strong and healthy myself.
The world is ALWAYS a better place when we love ourselves enough to take really good care of our own well-being. It’s true that we can’t pour from an empty cup. The world absolutely needs a healthy YOU. You have so many gifts to give to the world that only you can give. People need you out there vibrant and energetic – sharing your gifts and making a difference.
“All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
What it means for you…
It means no more frustration from trying ideas about diets, herbs, and supplements from books and blogs and not getting results. You can finally focus your efforts on what’s the right match for you. In the Wellness Program, we do a thorough holistic assessment to discover what your needs are and we work together to make a custom wellness plan with the diet, nutritional supplements, herbs, and lifestyle changes to get you the results you want.
Also as part of the Wellness Program, you get coaching to help you make the changes in a way that’s do-able, fun, and keeps you motivated. And I’ve created an online holistic wellness program that you get to work through in between coaching sessions. I created this program myself based on all the changes I had to make to get myself well. It’s a truly holistic approach that no one else anywhere is doing. It helps you explore and make changes in all the areas of your health and wellness – emotional, lifestyle, social, and so much more in a fun and easy way.
Whether we work together in a wellness program, reflexology, or a combination of both, you can have the confidence you’re working with a qualified professional who has the training, credentials, and experience to help you make changes in your health. And always in an environment of caring, compassion, optimism, and a lot of humor and fun with someone who can truly understand what you’re going through.
“Anything is possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” – J.K. Rowling
Professional memberships and associations…
- Master Herbalist diploma
- Registered Herbalist, Professional Member of the American Herbalists Guild. I’m one of the few, only about 400 people worldwide have been able to attain this credential with the AHG since they were founded in 1989. And I’m the first and only Registered Herbalist in Wyoming.
- Certified Reflexologist
- National Board Certified Reflexologist (since 2002) with the American Reflexology Certification Board
- Certified Nutritional Therapist
- Certified Emotional Healing Coach
- Professional Member of the National Association of Nutrition Professionals
- Contributing Writer for Selene River Press, the publishing company for Standard Process West
- I’ve studied from only the best teachers and schools in the country. All of my teachers are Registered Herbalists with the American Herbalists Guild and two are past presidents of the AHG. My reflexology teacher was one of the founding board members and education director of the American Reflexology Certification Board. One of my primary teachers, Dr. K.P. Khalsa, has the distinction of being known as one of the greatest natural healers in North America.
- Schools I’ve studied with include – International Integrative Educational Institute, Midwest School of Herbal Studies, The Human Path, The School of Modern Herbal Medicine, and Just for Health Enterprises.
- I’ve presented, done workshops, and been a co-facilitator for many different programs, college, organizations, and venues.
“Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
She’s actually the only dog in the world to be made an “Honorary Certified Emotional Healing Coach.” She sat through the classes with me and listened to all the online lectures when I was studying to become a Certified Emotional Healing Coach.
And when we went to the weekend workshops together, she intuitively gave all the participants love and emotional support when they needed it. So when I finished the program, the school gave her an honorary certificate, too.
She’s always with me at my office, and she loves on everyone. All my clients feel like she’s part of the therapy. A natural “nanny” dog, she completely adores kids.
She also loves to sit in her bed by the window during sessions and watch for squirrels and rabbits. She’s a whipador – half black lab and half whippet – so bunnies are her kryptonite.
And actually the number one most frequently asked question I get is, “How do you get Molly to wear her snow boots?”
“Don’t let circumstances control you. You change circumstances.” – Jackie Chan
What to do next…
Interested in my services? You can book a session for either reflexology or a starting appointment for the wellness program online. And if you have questions, you can start by scheduling a free 30 minute discovery session. I do work with people in wellness programs long distance, too.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
10 fun facts about me…
- I have a 3rd Degree Brown Belt in Kenpo Karate. I set a goal that I would make it by age 50, and I did it. Mr. Sepulveda, 10th Degree Black Belt and Senior Master of the Arts, promoted me which was a big deal. And now I’m only two levels away from Black Belt!
- My other two favorite hobbies are crocheting and gardening. (My hobbies are very Yin and Yang.)
- I love to make gardens into a work of art. I plan out combinations of scents and colors, mix veggies and flowers together. Loads of LED solar lights, hummingbird feeders, wind chimes, garden bling, butterfly baths. I’ve had birds, bees, hummingbird moths, butterflies, and even bats come in and hang around. Some day I will add a “wind harp” to it to turn the Wyoming wind into a heavenly melody.
- I like to experiment with cooking with unusual herbs. My current favorite is an Ayurvedic herb, Asafoetida, that some people think smells terrible, but I love the smell of it. Oh, did I tell you it’s nickname? It’s known as “Devil’s Dung.” Dark chocolate and turmeric makes the best fudge, too.
- I had the great privilege of doing many wonderful herb walks and learning everything I know about identifying and wild-harvesting herbs from an amazing herbalist Caroline Johnson (my herbal Yoda), one of the co-owners of Elk Mountain Herbs in Laramie, WY. She told the coolest stories of anyone I’ve ever met, all about growing up on their ranch, living in a log cabin built by hand in the 1800’s. We spent many days hiking around the forest and fields at her ranch near Elk Mountain, WY at over 9,000 feet. Near a huckleberry patch one day, we barely missed by mere minutes being able to answer the age-old question about how the bear does his business in the woods.
- One of the most incredible experiences of my life was seeing the 100% total solar eclipse in the zone of totality in Casper, WY, August 2017. (And the adventure of driving in several hundred thousand cars on I-25 in Wyoming that day.)
- I’m equally a cat person and dog person. Everyone knows Molly because she goes to my office with me. But I also have a 16-year-old big kitty, Hobbes.
- One of the top items on my bucket list – see Bigfoot. Remind me to tell you the story.
- I’m a proud mom of two firefighters.
- Apparently I have a “fishing curse.” No, really, it’s a thing, at least according to my sons. I’ve never been able to catch a single fish in my entire life, and anyone who goes fishing with me won’t catch a fish, and all their equipment will break and get lost and the weather will turn terrible and lightning will strike nearby trees and start a forest fire – ok, not exactly that bad, but to hear them tell the story you would think it was something right out of a Pat McManus book, one of my favorite authors, by the way.