This is one of my favorite recipes for the holidays – or any other time during “soup season.”
The naturally sweet flavor and creamy texture makes it seem more like a comfort food than a nutritious vegetable soup.
And the flavor compliments almost any other dish, but it seems to especially go well with turkey.
- One tablespoon organic coconut oil
- One head organic cauliflower, chopped
- Four cups organic carrots, chopped (approximately)
- One large organic onion, chopped
- Three tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped or one tablespoon dried
- Water to cover
- Sea salt to taste (I find about one teaspoon is good)
In heavy bottom, stainless steel soup pot, melt oil, and then add tarragon if using dried.
Add onion, sautéing until translucent.
Add carrots, cauliflower, water, and tarragon if using fresh.
Simmer until tender, approximately a half hour.
In blender, puree. (I usually let it cool down a bit first.)
Return to soup pot, adding sea salt.
Simmer for 10 minutes and serve.