Hey, I’m Tracey…
I totally understand because I’ve been there myself. It was because of my own search for natural ways to regain my health and overcome serious illnesses and trauma that I got into this field.
I didn’t know anything about being healthy until I started to have serious chronic fatigue and pain twenty-some years ago. The only thing I’d ever paid any attention to before that was my weight, and believe me, I had done a lot of unhealthy things for years to try to keep the weight off without any success.
Then one morning in 1995, when my sons were only 5 weeks old and 19 months old, I woke up to a health crisis that would forever change the direction of my life. By that night I was hospitalized, and eventually I was diagnosed with systemic lupus erythematosus.
The disease progressed quickly, and I was in and out of hospitals for months. I honestly didn’t know how I could possibly keep enduring the severe pain and being so incapacitated by this disease indefinitely. So I courageously made a decision that I was going to do whatever it took to beat lupus and get healthy again and be the mom I wanted to be for my sons.
I turned to alternative medicine and started making lots of healthy changes. I made good progress, but I knew very little about how to do it right, so I went through the whole spectrum of experiences including spending a lot of money on things that didn’t really help.
At times it seemed like I took one step forward and two steps back. I was eventually diagnosed with two more diseases – fibromyalgia and ankylosing spondylitis.
I realized that if I were going to completely regain my health, I was going to have to study alternative medicine myself. I began spending many years studying from only the best teachers and schools in the country.
But I also had other challenges going on during this time. Throughout those years, I went through a lot of traumatic events which left me diagnosed with very severe and disabling PTSD.
I’m so grateful for my holistic training, though, because it gave me the skills I needed to heal! HOLISTIC wellness treats the person as a WHOLE – the mind and body all connected and working together in harmony for good health.
And now I’m happy, healthy, and strong and doing all the things that I promised myself I would do when I healed and more! I couldn’t have imagined that my efforts to heal myself would lead to a beautiful and rewarding career, too! But now I get to share my gifts with the world and help others heal with holistic wellness. And nothing makes me happier than to hear all the amazing stories from my clients about how their lives are changing in ways they couldn’t have imagined!
But here’s the most important part of my story: I discovered my gifts as a holistic healer, and now I’m able to share them and help so many people be the person they always wanted to be only because I chose to become strong and healthy myself!
The world is ALWAYS a better place when we love ourselves enough to take really good care of our own well-being! That’s why I know that the world absolutely needs a healthy YOU! People need you out there vibrant and energetic – sharing your gifts and making a difference!
Tracey – xx –
My Education and Credentials
I started my practice eighteen years ago in 2000. My credentials include: National Board Certified Reflexologist (American Reflexology Certification Board), Master Herbalist, Certified Nutritional Therapist, and Certified Emotional Healing Coach.
- Certified Reflexologist – Just for Health Enterprises, Denver, CO; Rachel Lord
- National Board Certification in reflexology from the American Reflexology Certification Board
- Hand Reflexology Course from New Frontier Publishing, Sacramento, CA
- Diploma as a Master Herbalist from the Midwest School of Herbal Studies, New Brighton, MN; Matthew Alfs RH(AHG)
Western Herbalism, Asian Herbalism (Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda), Integrative Herbalism, thesis, workshops, mentorships
- Certified Emotional Healing Coach – The School of Modern Herbal Medicine, St. George, UT; Steven Horne RH(AHG)
Introduction to Emotional Healing, Emotional Anatomy, Balancing Hormones and Neurotransmitters, Flower Essences and Aromatherapy, Personality Typing and Relationships, Running a Consulting Business, workshops
- Traditional Health Assessment – The School of Modern Medicine, St. George, UT; Steven Horne RH(AHG)
- Introduction to Iridology – The School of Modern Medicine, St. George, UT; Steven Horne RH(AHG)
- Certified Nutritional Therapist – International Integrative Educational Institute, Eugene, OR; Dr. K.P. Khalsa RH(AHG)
- Advanced Professional Herbalist Skills – International Integrative Educational Institute, Eugene, OR; Dr. K.P. Khalsa RH(AHG)
- Anatomy and Physiology for Herbalists – International Integrative Educational Institute, Eugene, OR; Dr. K.P. Khalsa RH(AHG)
- Biochemistry for Herbalists – International Integrative Educational Institute, Eugene, OR; Dr. K.P. Khalsa RH(AHG)
- Clinical Herbalism – The Human Path/Herbal Medics University, San Antonia, TX; Crystal Honeycutt RH(AHG), ND
- Additional mentorships with acupuncturists, herbalists, and professional members of the American Herbalists Guild
- I served as a Co-Facilitator for an emotional healing workshop at the School of Modern Herbal Medicine with Steven Horne RH(AHG), St. George, UT
Because of my commitment to the fields of reflexology, herbalism, nutrition, and holistic wellness, I’ve chosen to study under only the best schools and teachers in the country. My reflexology teacher, Rachel Lord, was the educational advisor for the American Reflexology Certification Board for many years. The schools I studied herbalism and nutrition from are affiliated with the American Herbalist Guild and my teachers were experts in their fields and university professors including at Bastyr University, an alternative medicine university. All my teachers are members of the American Herbalists Guild, and two of them- Steven Horne and Dr. K.P. Khalsa – are past presidents of the American Herbalists Guild. Dr. K.P. Khalsa is considered one of the leading natural healing experts in North America.
Herbalist Life in Wyoming
One of my favorite things to do each summer is spending time with one of my herbal mentors and dear friend, Caroline Johnson, at her ranch on the top of Elk Mountain. Caroline is one of the two co-owners of Elk Mountain Herbs in Laramie, Wyoming and grows many of the herbs they use in a big garden at her ranch. I’ve spent many summer days with her doing herb walks all over her ranch and throughout the national forest at over 9,000 ft. and in Veedauwoo closer to Cheyenne, too. The view from her ranch is gorgeous!
We study all the various medicinal herbs and plants at different growth stages throughout the year. Helping her in her garden is always lots of fun! Caroline’s taught me everything I know about plant identification and wild-harvesting.
She’s lived on her family’s ranch since they bought it from the original homesteader when she was a young child, and she has all the fantastic stories you would expect from someone who has braved life on a Wyoming ranch at the top of the mountain! The log home she lives in was built with hand tools in the 1800’s!
Some Fun Facts about Me
My favorite activity is karate, and I’m currently a blue belt with green belt dreams!
- Off the mats, my two favorite hobbies are gardening and crocheting.
- “MacGyver” has been my favorite TV show since it first came out in the 80’s!
- I can quote all the famous lines from Princess Bride.
- I’m totally obsessed with Bigfoot.
- Both my sons are firefighters.
- According to my sons, I have a fishing curse. I’ve never been able to catch a single fish in my entire life, and anyone who goes fishing with me won’t catch a fish, and all their equipment will break and get lost and the weather will turn terrible and lightning will strike nearby trees and start a forest fire – ok, not exactly that bad, but to hear them tell the story you would think it was something right out of a Pat McManus book, one of my favorite authors, by the way.
Which brings me to you...
I hope this is just the beginning of our relationship. I would love to keep in touch and learn more about you. Please sign up for my emails by entering your name and email address below, and send me a message through the contact form so I can get to know you!
Let’s keep in touch! Enter your email address and name below to become a Spirit of the Bear Insider and receive newsletters, tips, motivation, special offers, and other subscriber resources you can’t get anywhere else. You’ll also be able to download a free copy of my e-book, “How to Lose Weight without Even Thinking about It!”
Send me a message